Coronet Bracelet and Earrings
Well, another tax day has come and gone and I feel as if I've barely survived. As reward for my hard work this tax season, I took the entire day off today. Little if anything useful being done, with the exception of taking photographs of this beautiful bracelet and earring set I made a couple of weeks ago:
I got an email from Artbeads' Blogging for Beaders team last month, asking me if I would create something for Spring. I picked out some gorgeous blue zircon Swarovski crystals and a gold filigree clasp, knowing I wanted to pair them with the translucent amber fringe drop beads I had bought recently.
I spent that afternoon of beading at a friend's house while she quilted and my kids watched movies and played games. I can't begin to tell you how therapeutic beading is for me. I can forget the world exists and hours go by unnoticed by me. If it were not for the hungry kids, I think I could just bead forever and not stop until my fingers bleed.
I love how a few inexpensive beads and findings along with 4-5 hours of beading combine to make something that looks like a million dollars. The original diamond shaped design, the one I used in my Coronet Rings, uses bicone crystals in the center instead of Xilion settings I used in this set. Either one works wonderfully, but the Xilion settings sparkle like crazy. Check out the texture the 3.4mm Miyuki fringe drop beads gives to this bracelet:

All in all, I'm not sure I captured "Spring" very well, but I sure did capture "Bling"!
Hopefully, I'll have a pattern available for this design soon. Stay tuned!
*Please note: I have received the above items free of charge from Artbeads. This is my honest review of the product and I have not been paid for my endorsement as it pertains to the products received.






6 Comments:
Beautiful set!!!!!!!!
Wow, great designs! regards Stefanie
So beautiful! Regal and elegant! Wonderful work!
I absolutely love all the jewelry featured on your blog... but especially this set. Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful!
Kassie, as always, your stuff is amazing! Elise
Capture Spring??Girlfriend, you put it into the box, taped it shut, and tied a bow on it! These are so gorgeous!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home