Tuesday, August 28, 2007

BJP/Coffee Table Progress (or the lack thereof)


Well, since I have not 3 but 4 tiles to bead for this quarter of the Bead Journal Project, I of course have no time to bead on it at all! Actually, that's not entirely true, but as you can see from this picture, I have not done much. I think I have finally decided on my color scheme, but with so many other projects in the works, I haven't had a block of time to work on BJP (I like to have at least an hour). Perhaps tonight after the kids go to bed! :)

3 Comments:

At 1:41 PM , Blogger Robin said...

Your leaf shape is lovely, but I'm wondering if it's the coffee table idea that's holding you back? When we start thinking too much about outcome, we can get stuck. Maybe it would help to let go of that for a while, and just stay in the moment... journaling about what is happening now without concern for what your work will become in the future. Just a thought... Your butterfly necklace is fabulous! Maybe it's butterflies that are calling you in some special way??? Blessings, Robin

 
At 1:59 PM , Blogger Beading Butterfly said...

Thanks for your comment Robin. Mostly, I think the lack of time is holding me back because I have so many other projects in the works and a full time job and family besides! :)

I know that once I put those first beads inside and outside of the leaf (I have them bought already) I'll be able to just go with the flow. Working with a deadline but not getting overwhelmed by it is part of what this project is all about for me.

On a side note, I think I may do another journal project that is more abstract and not meant to be a single project when it's completed.

 
At 4:00 PM , Blogger KV said...

Your butterfly is awesome, so very special.

I think your leaf pattern idea is great. Perhaps you are thinking that this grid is an awful large area to cover and that is creating your hesitation, too. Have heart, my monthly pages are 6x8" and once I get going they almost seem too small for what I want to say.


Kathy V in NM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home