Retreat Goodies
I just got back from a 4 day bead retreat in Fairy Stone Park Virginia. What a great time! 14 women, beads galore, and lots and lots of fun!
This bracelet gave me fits. The pattern came fromĀ here, but as I do not remember much of my high school French, I had a hard time figuring out how to make it work. I had to start over twice and I ended up not doing it exactly the way the instructions said to, but it worked. I have some other ideas about making it work better, so I'm going to try another one soon. This one is made with Tourmaline AB2X Swarovski crystals and Delicas. I am going to be adding 3mm crystals along both outside edges (Crystal Brandy color).
Labels: bracelet, crystals, fringe, peyote stitch, St. Petersburg stitch, swarovski


3 Comments:
I've just found your blog via pintangle.com's journal - your work is amazing! I am especially admiring the four leaves. Just started some experiments with beading (small format - Artist Trading Cards) so I am looking for more examples to follow and inspiration, and your blog is definitely a wonderful resource!
I love that bracelet! I might have to hit the bead store after work tomorrow
LOL! I hit the bead store before the retreat... and the fabric store... and I pilfered the stashes of a couple of friends that were there. Then when I got home, I went directly to the online stores!
Kassie
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home